Jackson Orthopedic Foundation's annual Canes Film Festival & Gala is a fun-filled celebration of student films about orthopedic health. The benefit event also features a valuable keynote message, updates on JOF's flagship programs, audience awards for the best short film, and the opportunity to socialize with great colleagues and friends.
- Come and meet our summer students and workshop participants (from 2019 and past years), other corporate sponsors, local businesspeople, philanthropic and social leaders, underwriters, members of the community, and other guests.
- During the opening reception, we offer a silent auction, which features unique and sought-after items, not to be missed.
- Edibles include elegant hors d'oeuvres, wine, and other beverages.
We are finalizing the date for our 2020 Canes Film Festival & Gala. Please click here to sign up for email updates about JOF and Canes. If you are interested in volunteering to organize the 2020 event, please let us know that, too.
Sponsorship and Memorial Gift Support
Please click here if you are interested in becoming a Sponsor of this event: providing us with more substantial support and increased visibility for your personal or organizational giving.
Fulfilling Our Mission
JOF is dedicated to a mission to improve the lives of people with musculoskeletal conditions through education, research, and service.
- In 2018 and 2019, 13 college students participated in JOF's Healthcare Immersion Program, which offers the unique opportunity to explore healthcare careers while shadowing healthcare providers. Approximately 69 college students were involved in the summer program in previous years.
- Twenty-nine graduate students and working healthcare providers have enrolled in JOF's Orthopedic Primary Care Program, which has been offered since 2015 and was relaunched in 2019 as a hybrid program of both online education and in-person skills workshops.
- Scholarships are given every year to deserving students in JOF's three flagship programs:
Submit A Video/Film
Please click here if you are interested in submitting a video for the Canes Film Festival.
For more information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.238.4851.