We hope you will be joining us at Jackson Orthopedic Foundation's Second Annual Canes Film Festival & 21st Anniversary Gala, a fun-filled celebration of student films about orthopedic health. The event will include a tribute to our co-founder, Dr. William S. T. Jackson (1927-2019).
- Come and meet our summer students and workshop participants (from 2019 and past years), other corporate sponsors, local businesspeople, philanthropic and social leaders, underwriters, members of the community, and other guests.
- During the opening reception, we will offer a silent auction, which will feature unique and sought-after items, not to be missed.
- Edibles will include elegant hors d'oeuvres, wine, and other beverages.
WHEN: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 3 to 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Samuel Merritt University Health Education Center, Bechtel Room, 400 Hawthorne Street, Oakland, California
Sponsorship and Memorial Gift Support
Please click here if you are interested in becoming a Sponsor of this event: providing us with more substantial support and increased visibility for your personal or organizational giving.
Fulfilling Our Mission
JOF is dedicated to a mission to improve the lives of people with musculoskeletal conditions through education, research, and service.
- In 2018 and 2019, 13 college students participated in JOF's Healthcare Immersion Program, which offers the unique opportunity to explore healthcare careers while shadowing healthcare providers. Approximately 69 college students were involved in the summer program in previous years.
- Twenty-nine graduate students and working healthcare providers have enrolled in JOF's Orthopedic Primary Care Program, which has been offered since 2015 and was relaunched in 2019 as a hybrid program of both online education and in-person skills workshops.
- Scholarships are given every year to deserving students in JOF's three flagship programs:
Submit A Video/Film
Please click here if you are interested in submitting a video for the Canes Film Festival.
For more information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.238.4851.