We've extended the application deadline for our Orthopedic Primary Care course to August 14. Learn more and apply today.
The course, now entering its fourth year, OPC comprises 250+ hours of professional education over six months beginning in August. OPC prepares clinicians to diagnose and manage common orthopedic conditions in primary care settings, along with providing students both the practical skills that contribute better patient outcomes as well as increased confidence treating patients with common bone, muscle and joint conditions.
The OPC curriculum emphasizes non-surgical, patient-centered approaches to maximizing function, managing pain, preventing injury, and slowing disease progression. Whether you're a new NP learning to differentiate between a strained shoulder and a neck problem, or you're an experienced clinician, this course will help you develop the skill set to fill a growing need in patient care while enhancing your career opportunities.
- 250+ continuing education hours: 6 hours of online learning per week + 6 weekend skills workshops.
- Skills workshops: functional anatomy, exam techniques, radiology, casting & splinting, injections, assistive devices & exercise prescription.
- Optional clinical rotations available by special arrangement.
- Certificate of completion of 250 hours of Orthopedic Primary Care education by BRN approved provider.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16216 for 250 contact hours
Our recent graduates said they feel better skilled and more confident in dealing with orthopedic cases in daily practice.
"I feel so much more confident in my skills thatn before the course, and now my practice is expanded and I can help patients more," said one student. "I feel like I am miles ahead of where I was in my orthopedic knowledge compared to when we started," said another.