When we started making plans to celebrate JOF’s 20th anniversary as an organization, we wanted to make the event special. We thought about our mission and our work, and decided that a small film festival with a relevant theme would be fun.
Canes are part of orthopedic rehab for people to walk unassisted, and the word Canes sounds surprisingly similar to an important international film festival. We asked our 2018 summer interns, as their final project, to create informational videos about orthopedic health as a theme. They rose to the occasion and created some wonderfully entertaining short pieces, which we will feature at our November 4 anniversary celebration.
We are also inviting other organizations and individuals to join in the fun of entering the Inaugural Canes Film Festival.
Rules for Submitting Short Films to the Canes Film Festival
- Videos can be no longer than 3 minutes. Humor is encouraged.
- Deadline is 12 noon on Monday, October 29, 2018.
- Suggested topics:
- Arthritis education
- Juvenile arthritis
- Rheumatology and risk factors for hip arthritis (new study says low birth weight and premature birth are risk factors for rheumatoid arthritis)
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), a very contagious staph infection that is resistant to antibiotics
- To submit, upload your work using the webform below to fill out the application.
- Films will be judged by the JOF marketing team and advisors in two categories: Education and Public Service Announcements.
- All films that meet our specifications and standards will be shown at JOF’s 20th anniversary benefit on Sunday, November 4, 2018, starting at 4 p.m.
- Award-winning films will be announced at the event.