Musculoskeletal Fundamentals for Primary Care Providers
- Prepares clinicians to diagnose and manage common orthopedic conditions in primary care settings.
- Emphasizes evidence-based non-surgical approaches to maximizing function, managing pain, preventing injury, and slowing disease progression.
- 250+ continuing education hours over two semesters: 6 hours of online learning per week + 6 weekend skills workshops.
- Skills workshops: functional anatomy, exam techniques, radiology, casting & splinting, injections, assistive devices & exercise prescription.
- Optional clinical rotations available by special arrangement.
- Certificate of completion of 250 hours of Orthopedic Primary Care education by BRN approved provider.
- Curriculum approved by Samuel Merritt University School of Nursing.*
* DNP clinical specialty track option anticipated by Fall 2016.
Enrollment Open To:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Currently enrolled NP and DNP Students
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physician Assistants*
- Primary Care Physicians*
* Continuing medical education provider status pending.
Read more FAQs about the OPC course
Earn 1 CEU by attending one of our periodic Introductory Webinars
Tuition is due 2 weeks prior to the start of classes. It may be paid as a lump sum, or as a PayPal subscription of 7 monthly payments over the run of the course.
To apply for OPC 2017-18, please go to the Fall 2017 Application Page and follow the instructions to complete your application online or download a .PDF version.
For more information on the fundamental issues this course is designed to address, please see the article published by two of Jackson Orthopaedic Foundation's officers in the September 2014 issue of The Journal for Nurse Practitioners---linked below in PDF format.