Preparing clinicians to diagnose and manage common musculoskeletal conditions in primary care settings.
OPC focuses on non-surgical approaches to managing stable acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions with an emphasis on:
- Managing pain
- Maximizing function
- Preventing injury
- Slowing disease progression
Enrollment in OPC is open to:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Currently enrolled NP and DNP students
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Primary Care Physicians
- Advanced Primary Care Providers
The OPC Program includes four separate self-paced Courses that can be taken in any order and begun at any time.
Click on titles for more specific information about individual course content.
*Date of initial offering; online content will become available on this date.
- Upper Extremity & Pediatrics
- Lower Extremity & Inflammatory Conditions
- Spine & Metabolic Conditions - November 1st*
- MSK Skills & Procedures - February 1st*
80 CEUs per Course (65 hours of self-paced online learning and 15 hours hands-on). Each Course is comprised of:
- Musculoskeletal Fundamentals—a brief overview of basic concepts related to musculoskeletal care.
- Online readings, videos, assignments, and evaluations covering MSK conditions specific to the course topic.
- Workshop—15 hours of skills coaching using simulation, case studies, and problem-based learning.
- Workshops cover specialized exams, x-ray interpretation, treatment plan development, and clinical procedures.
All online assignments for an OPC Course must be completed before attending the corresponding Workshop.
CEUs for the course are awarded upon completion of the workshop.
Each Workshop is currently offered once each year in Oakland, California, in the months listed below.
(Click here for specific dates)
- Upper Extremity & Pediatrics: July
- Lower Extremity & Inflammatory Conditions: October
- Spine & Metabolic Conditions: January
- MSK Skills & Procedures: April