OPC Mini Course: The Painful Shoulder
The Painful Shoulder Mini Course provides a review of basic terminology and principles related to the evaluation and management of shoulder conditions commonly seen in primary care.
CE Value: 10 hours (self-study)
Once purchased, you'll be invited by email to join our online learning platform so you can start your course without delay.
- Eliciting a thorough medical history with details pertinent to shoulder conditions
- Recognizing shoulder emergencies requiring immediate orthopedic consultation.
- Understanding the functional anatomy of the shoulder and how specialized tests contribute to diagnostic decision making.
- Identifying stable shoulder fractures commonly seen in the primary care setting and recognizing when orthopedic consultation should be considered.
- Performing a complete examination of the shoulder, and articulating how specialized tests contribute to diagnostic and treatment decisions.
- Relating physical findings to differential diagnoses of the shoulder.
- Developing comprehensive evidence-based treatment plans for commonly encountered conditions of the shoulder.
- Providing individualized instruction in self-management of common shoulder conditions including preventive measures, exercise, and pain control.