OPC Mini Course: The Painful Knee
The Painful Knee Mini Course provides a review of basic terminology and principles related to the evaluation and management of knee conditions commonly seen in primary care.
CE Value: 10 hours (self-study)
Once purchased, you'll be invited by email to join our online learning platform so you can start your course without delay.
- Eliciting a thorough medical history with details pertinent to knee conditions
- Recognizing knee emergencies requiring immediate orthopedic consultation.
- Understanding the functional anatomy of the knee and how specialized tests contribute to diagnostic decision making
- Identifying stable knee fractures commonly seen in the primary care setting and recognizing when orthopedic consultation should be considered.
- Performing a complete examination of the knee, and articulating how specialized tests contribute to diagnostic and treatment decisions.
- Relating physical findings to differential diagnoses of the knee.
- Developing comprehensive evidence-based treatment plans for commonly encountered conditions of the knee.
- Providing individualized instruction in self-management of common knee conditions including preventive measures, exercise, and pain control.